Lil

Before I begin this well thought out and enlightening bullet list (which is not a cop out for a blog entry in any way, shape or form), I have to wonder if I spelled consciousness correctly. Excuse me while I consult spell check...okay, good on me. I hate when I look at a word and think, that's got to be wrong. Now, for the main event (which makes me think of the Barbara Streisand movie and I now hear Enough is Enough in my head, the duet she did with Donna Summer but oddly is not on The Main Event soundtrack - this is how my brain works):


  • We have a client whose first name is Tom and last name sort of but not really sounds like Dooley. Whenever I type him a letter or e-mail, the song Tom Dooley goes through my head -

Hang down your head, Tom Dooley
Hang down your head and cry
Hang down
your head, Tom Dooley
Poor boy, you're bound to die

Not exactly a lighthearted thing to have going through one's brain but it is what it is.

  • While this is not universal, I am coming to the conclusion that extreme wealth is directly related to extreme arrogance, particularly in attorneys.
  • I am so freaking grateful to have secure, full-time employment. I really wish I could help those friends who don't.
  • Also, I'm beyond grateful to have big bosses at both jobs who are nice, friendly and appreciative. This is a rarity, in my experience, and it's those Big Bad Bosses who make me so appreciative now.
  • Thanks to my 2nd job, I now type "ok" as "okay" since most clients want it spelled out in that manner. This is not conducive to Twitter, however, and their 140 character limit.
  • I have so much filing to do, I'm thinking of arranging the towering stacks of file folders so that they at least have some aesthetic purpose as opposed to stressing me out, as they are now.
  • Still haven't put away the office supply order yet. Is it the 15th yet? Damn quarterly estimates. #!*%&@*$"#!*%
  • The phone will not stop ringing. I may end up speaking permanently in my telephone voice.
  • Is it 5 o'clock yet?

It's really not so bad (evidenced by there being time for me to squeeze out this lame-ass excuse of a blog entry) but this has been my day so far for what it's worth.

Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Melinda Says:

    Hi Lil,

    More than anything, gratitude has kept me grounded and humble. Each night--no matter how bad my day is, I end it by saying my 'Gratefuls' --something I learned to do early in recovery. After I am finished, I always feel better about everything.

    Take care,

    Melinda


  2. Lil Says:

    Hey Melinda! Remembering what I'm grateful for helps me to keep from wallowing in self pity. Left to its own devices, my emotional side tends to focus on the negative and how bad off I am, which is completely untrue. I'm truly blessed (by which god, I have no idea) and it's important for me to remember that. Besides, I figure sincere gratitude contributes to good karma. And lord knows the world can use all the good karma floating around that it can get. :-) Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.


Post a Comment